Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
$_57.JPG

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Yeah, the British Army would have changed the basic style by now if they weren't, what we talking, 70-80 years?.

I dont use one myself, For a sturdy belt i use a scaffolder's belt. got mine for £6 new, pay a wee bit more and you get better/beefier ones.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yeah, the British Army would have changed the basic style by now if they weren't, what we talking, 70-80 years?.

At least that long ago in the US (1920s) That said they have evolved quite a bit; newer materials, newer buckle styles; but that old design still works very well indeed.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I dont use one myself, For a sturdy belt i use a scaffolder's belt.

Now thats a new one on me, very handy looking leather belt for that price.

At least that long ago in the US (1920s) That said they have evolved quite a bit; newer materials, newer buckle styles; but that old design still works very well indeed.

Good, [as I already ordered one] wanted one for the outside of my swazi, as I noticed the waxed leather left a bit of a mark.
On Ebay for just £7.99 posted. Cant go wrong at that price.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
They're really sturdy belts them. Had one some time ago but left it at bisley (any members of the muzzle loaders association I left it in your clubhouse at the sofas next to the tea urn, you're welcome to the belt but I would love my binos back!) as unlikely as that is. In the field so to speak however I find there's no finer belt than a length of bailer twine, if all not exactly dressy

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland

I dont use one myself, For a sturdy belt i use a scaffolder's belt. got mine for £6 new, pay a wee bit more and you get better/beefier ones.

Links\suppliers please Stevie.

ta rorymax

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Bear in mind the older cotton ones will have that "broken in" feel almost from new. The newer synthetic ones will have more body if you need to hand something heavier on it.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Links\suppliers please Stevie.

ta rorymax
Bills tool store in Glasgow...Down at the Barras...They sell online now anyway but visiting the shop can be quite lucrative as they still sell second hand when they get stuff in. cheapest shop for tools and stuff i know of. Some nice wood carving tools. Having a look through there site i dont see Axes, knives and other stuff they have instore...Maybe they dont have a licence to sell sharps online.

http://billstoolstore.com/joinery/tool-belts-nail-bags.html

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE