any BMW owners?

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hi there,

I'm just wondering if there are any BMW owners out there, and if so, have you had any issues with the back brake lines corroding at all? or when the two lights for the traction control come on themselves automatically.

Thanks in advance
Jordan

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
I have known of a few E46 BMW's that failed MOT's due to corroded brake lines, seems to always be the rear as well.

There was talk on some of the UK forums about the cause being galvanic corrosion, i do know that a few cases had their cars for several years and have never changed the brake fluid though.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
What's the difference between a hedge hog and a BMW driver? ......

sorrycouldnt resist, been doing a lot of motorway driving recently.

Hope you get the problem sorted mate

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Haha no worries I'm getting them all from my mate's. They all say I'm going to become a typical btw.wan**r but I think it's just jealousy as I'm only 19 and they're all running around in corsas and saxos. Thanks for the info and links guys!

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Had several E46's (my fave shape by a mile) from base spec to top end model, and never had a brake pipe issue. Only thing that seems common on them all is rear springs cracking, but thats to be expected really with the wider low profile tyres I think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE