Another weekend in the woods

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Our normal monthly meet-up went well - despite having a bit of a shower or two!
The normal (?) suspects were there plus a new boy and an old face that had not been seen for a while.
Some arrived Friday, some on Saturday and work to clear more bramble from the site resulted in the debris shelter getting extra depth of cover and Stewart commenced work on a (hopefully) movable wind break of a hurdle design...
There was time for the usual chat and chilling as well as a walk to source some hazel and (I think) a good time was had by all!
I was testing out a new pack and my "All Weather Blanket" and found both good. I was nicely warm, despite the temp falling to around 0 degrees C, with a Merino blanket and the All Weather - although I had a sleeping bag with me I did not need to use it!

I failed to get pictures af anyone but Stewart ... but there were more folk working!

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
It is just an MOD tarp sewn into a tube and poles and tripods :)
Very comfy!

I remember building one of those as a "friends and family" demo after one of our NCOs had taught us about jungle shelters, lieing on it for five mins at some point in the afternoon and waking up an hour or so later thanking any god who might be listening that no-one had missed me! They are incredibly comfy! I'd never have thought about building one for UK use, though I will now :)
Looks like a great weekend. Nice one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE