Another re-purposed flooring project

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Using surplus Brown Oak flooring boards I made bath panels and a vanity unit, Brown Oak is made due to a fungal attack on the growing tree (fistulina hepatica) that causes the heartwood to go a deep rich brown colour....I know this because I had to look it up in one of my books :dunno: always learning new stuff in this game. ;)

DSC01372.JPG

DSC01371.JPG

DSC01370.JPG

These are before being oiled but the battery said "no more" so oiled pics will be after the bank holiday.
I got a kick out of doing these on several levels, as someone once said, " it ain't work if you enjoy it" :D

Rob.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
They look really superb; I'll look forward to seeing the oiled finish, should bring that brown oak up a treat :)

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
They look really superb; I'll look forward to seeing the oiled finish, should bring that brown oak up a treat :)

It has. I will get pics tuesday.

Very nice work indeed goodjob

Cheers mate.

That's some great skill, makes me feel inadequate :)

I feel that way when reading your posts on wine making or preserving your own grown produce :D Ta for your kind comment.

Very nice work fraxinus. I would love to be able to create something like that. What sort of time scale is on a job like that?

Cheers Chris, I have six man days in it design and make on site, lots of hand sanding the moldings, raised and fielded panels end grain most time consuming (all to 320 grit).
The bath panels slide and lock to make easy access and the vanity has an access panel in the side to get to bath taps.

Rob.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Stunning!!! Who wouldn't be over the moon to have such furniture to live with? Absolutely gorgeous! :)

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
Great work but why tile? CONSTANT grout-issues - mould, leaks... You could use more of that lovely flooring, waterproofed, on top of the plywood instead of tiles.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE