Another meths stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I agree Richard

Turm sport stoves are really good...

Tumclosed-1.jpg

TurmBurner-1.jpg

TurmPriming-1.jpg

Also pretty frugal on the fuel and very quiet when running...

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
That looks like a Turm Tourist? I got one of those a while ago now, and it looks really classy with the brass tank and black bodywork (although I've avoided polishing it to a mirror finish - I like the patina on it as-is). Works really well too - very controllable, good tank size so great for simmering stews etc. Needs good wind protection, of course, as do all alcohol stoves. And probably one of the safest to use in a well-ventilated tent (although one accepts that there is nothing completely safe about stoves in tents - even non-pressurised ones, but I'm old and ugly enough to make an informed decision on my own behalf of the risks involved)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've got to paint mine, or some of it, I'll leave the brass tank...brass. I've got the earlier one and a table top model 38? something like that. When I was nursing and had to get up at 05:30 I'd brew coffee on the 38 next to my computer, lovely stove. I replaced the 'wick' in mine with pipe cleaner strips which worked well.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I haven't dismantled mine yet on the basis that it works fine at the moment. Wondered about the wick though, as it seems to be about the only thing to go wrong with these - thanks for the tip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE