Another Lime Bowl

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Going on from this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85167, i used the other half of the Lime that harvestman sent me today to make another bowl, i was going to make a Kuksa, but i hadnt left enough length in the wood to make a handle that was half decent or of a good size, so i decided to make another bowl.

DSCN2393bw.jpg

DSCN2399bw.jpg

DSCN2403bw.jpg

DSCN2412bw.jpg

DSCN2395bw.jpg

I still have some work to do to it as the walls are a tad thick, but i figure it wont take me loing to do that, like the previous bowl, i sanded down the exterior and left the inside with the tool marks, it had been mentioned that i should leave the tool marks on the outside as well, but it just didnt look right, so off they came, i can always put them back if i change my mind.

Again thanks to Harvestman for the Lime wood, ive really enjoyed carving these bowls, makes a pleasant change from Birch, Willow & Ash

Last edited:

Bluemerle

Nomad
Nov 6, 2010
Essex
Another lovely bowl. Have you got a little sweat shop tucked away somewhere, the amount of work you turn out is amazing.:lmao:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Another lovely bowl. Have you got a little sweat shop tucked away somewhere, the amount of work you turn out is amazing.:lmao:

lol, my secret is out:), im off out tomorrow, with Hugo of this parish, to get yet more supplies for a 'project' im working on, the rate we two collect supplies up there it will be a proper coppice again soon;)

Thanks for the kind comment

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Guess what I received in the post today? Someone had sent me a lime wood bowl with a suspicious resemblance to the one in the phoitos above. :rolleyes:

Many thanks Mark, and I really appreciate it. It will go with my hornbeam plate that is now in my camping kit.

I do feel a bit guilty though, as if I manipulated you into making me a bowl. Well, I'm not one to quibble. Thank you very much. I'm delighted. :bigok:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Guess what I received in the post today? Someone had sent me a lime wood bowl with a suspicious resemblance to the one in the phoitos above. :rolleyes:

Many thanks Mark, and I really appreciate it. It will go with my hornbeam plate that is now in my camping kit.

I do feel a bit guilty though, as if I manipulated you into making me a bowl. Well, I'm not one to quibble. Thank you very much. I'm delighted. :bigok:

No problem, no manipulation at all, you were kind enough to send me the wood in the first place so i figured it was only fair to send you one of the two bowls back as a thank you, it just happened you said you liked the one i was going to send you.:)

Last edited:

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
A Lime tree came down on a stable block in the storm at a place near me and I managed to grab a bit as they were clearing it. got enough for a bowl and a few spoons maybe. Looking forward to trying it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE