Aldi axe and chopping maul

Arri

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2010
Bucks, UK
Any idea about their quality?

Dunno but I kinda prefer to pay more money and get a good quality Gränsfors Bruks knowing and trusting that I'm going to have it for the rest of my life and it's never going to cause me any issues.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Been waiting for these to come around again, My mate picked one up last year and its seen some serious use on his farm splitting logs to keep his aga and two wood burners going. To be honest cant see the point in forking out for a gransfors just to split logs.

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
Got a splitter last time they were in. Great bit of kit - have split a huge tree's worth of chainsaw ringed logs for my Esse Ironheart Woodburning stove without any issues. I'm sure it will outlive me!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I have both and they're just the job for big stuff. You won't make feather sticks with em but they make short work of firewood. And if ya hit a nail you can fettle em up with a chainsaw file !! :D

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
The nice thing about a fibreglass handle is that it can live by the log pile without deterioration. I personally like a wooden handle but you have to choose between fetching your axe in every time you use it or replacing the handle every few years. If you want a log splitting axe to live outside these would be ideal, they are not general purpose cutting tools though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE