A Weekend at Rough Close

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Got back late yesterday afternoon from a very pleasant weekend staying at Rough Close

It was a small group of us, only 3 or 4 each night so it made for a nice relaxing time

Anyway here's the pictures

My home for the weekend

Our communal area

On the Saturday morning we went to RTI Military Surplus as John and I had never been and it seemed silly not to as it was only 40 minutes drive from RC

When we got there we found this lovely beast outside

Which was joined by this, both of which were great vehicles

Inside Mr F tried some of the stock out. We all came away with some nice bargains so it's likely we'll be back there again sometime soon :)

I snapped this on the Saturday evening... I can see a phoenix arising in the flames :)

On the Sunday Mr F decided he wanted to make some char cloth

Smoking nicely

The the gases caught and started to burn off...

After John had finished playing I made Welsh Cake over the fire for everyone

They were as tasty as they looked :)

After we'd finished stuffing ourselves on the Welsh cakes we went for a little bimble where I came across this specimen.

Is it Oyster mushrooms?

And these LBJ's were on a stump

On the last night I snapped this fire rabbit

On the Monday Mr F kindly took me along to the Outdoor Trade Show. I had a great time seeing loads of various gadgets and chatting to folks. I did manage to grab this picture of John trying out a hammock. It was a real struggle to get him out of it :lmao:

And that concludes my weekend. A big thank you to Phil for the invite to join them, I thoroughly enjoyed myself :cool:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Yup, it was a great little Meet!
I got to try my new bed - based on the DC log cot idea ( the ropes are being replaced with climbing tape as the rope stretch was ridiculous)
018.jpg
I also made some "gadgets"
013.jpg
022.jpg
Looked at flora and fauna
042.jpg
027.jpg
harvested some BPP
024.jpg
and had a great time! The Welsh cakes, Thai Green Curry and Corned Beef Hash were all great (thanks guys!) and I give thanks to Phil for setting this Met up (and for not telling too many jokes.
I think we did too much in too short a time for Steve to cope with but I found a new friend at the OTS...
026.jpg
043.jpg
It is a pity I could not get Domenique to leave the pond to try out the hammock!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE