A wee day trip beside a loch somewhere..(Pic Heavy!)

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Hey there, thought I'd share a few photos we took today, while we were out relaxing and stuff. A lovely spot next to an old ruined house, in some lovely broadleaf woods next to Loch Eck.

The old house, now but a shadow of it's former self:
PIC_0072.jpg

Skinning some pignuts that grow in abundance here:
PIC_0069.jpg

Roasting said pignuts, with a lovely view of the camp area:
PIC_0074.jpg

A view down the loch:
PIC_0079.jpg

Across the loch, too:
PIC_0084.jpg

Not great, but you can get the feel of the place from this:
PIC_0086.jpg

Another, you can just see the camp spot on the left:
camp.jpg

Bivibabe and me posing for the camera:
menu.jpg

The place has been used by others before, there was a firescar left there, with rocks around, as you can see in the above photos. Once our gear was packed up, we cleared up the remains of goodness knows how many fires, cleared the rocks, picked up the broken beer bottles, trangia cap, old diamond steel and other crap, and transplanted a couple of plants and covered the rest with leaves and other natural debris... now it looks like this:

PIC_0091.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great pics Nag

It looks a bit choppy out on the water, was it blowing a hoolie ?

What's that poking out of your bucket, is it a saw ?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
...we cleared up the remains of goodness knows how many fires, cleared the rocks, picked up the broken beer bottles, trangia cap, old diamond steel and other crap, and transplanted a couple of plants and covered the rest with leaves and other natural debris... now it looks like this...

Great stuff!

:You_Rock_

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Looks like a goodu'n :D :cool:

I love the greens around us just now, and the washes of colour we get from the bluebells, :)

Nice clear up :approve:

cheers,
M

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Wonderful pictures! I like the camp, and that view looking up the loch is beautiful. Thanks for posting. Next time you do up some pinuts would you mind posting some shots of them? I'd like to learn more about them.

Thank you Mistwalker. Next time I'm out I'll get as many as I can. There were a few back at the house, but not really in good positions for taking pics. Hopefully be back at the camp spot soonish so will get pics then!

Great pics Nag

It looks a bit choppy out on the water, was it blowing a hoolie ?

What's that poking out of your bucket, is it a saw ?

Not so much a hoolie, but was fairly strong aye. Fair eat the wood in the fire for a while too.. :rolleyes:. Aye well spotted, thats my wee folding saw, can't remember the make. I got it from my local iron mongers for around 12 or 13 quid. One of the best tools I've ever owned, cuts very fast and is quite strong.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE