A Tengu Proof Container

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
For food

(And when I mean tengu proof, I have to be able to get into it...)

I want something goo proof for salads.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
SIGG have redesigned their lunchboxes so don't know if leak proof. Come with a removable silicon liner, so can reheat food in microwave.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Can you be more specific? What kind of "food?" Raw food storage such as jars for dried goods? Storage for cooked foods for the fridge? (such as the aforementioned Tupperware? Storage for lunch away from home? (such as ziplock bags, Tupperware, thermos jugs, etc.)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
You know those stainless steel Indian food containers? Tiffin boxes?
I recommend those. Not 100% air and water tight, but far more environment friendly and hygienic than plastic. Lasts your natural and unnatural life out.

They come in 2 container, 3 container and 4 container.
Plenty of space for food to satisfy your huge appetite!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have a tiffin tin.

No seal. I want something liquid proof.

Those Black and Brum containers look good, but they are a bit pricey.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
£land has been stocking some pretty good storage options like this for a while but they are all over the place and come in a selection of shapes & sizes
lock___lock_2.jpg
Positive action clips to secure the lid and a proper water tight with an actual rubber gasket seal.
Got some of the smaller ones for the gear that has to stay dry no matter what like first aid kit, cell-phone, camera, spare batteries etc.
Tough little boxes, if they came in black you would swear Pelican were making tupperware

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
£land has been stocking some pretty good storage options like this for a while but they are all over the place and come in a selection of shapes & sizes
View attachment 46051

+1 for these.

I've been using them for years for food and technical equipment which is sometimes left out for weeks on end (and even buried!).

They are great boxes but I would recommend wrapping them in a good adhesive tape like that olive green 3M stuff recently on offer at Lidl.:)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
  1. I have a tiffin tin.

No seal. I want something liquid proof.

Those Black and Brum containers look good, but they are a bit pricey.

Liquid proof? Try a ball, mason jar. They come in sizes from a halp pint (US) to a half gallon (US)

0415p51-ball-mason-jar-2x3.jpg

And they come by the case

th

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have about 30 kilners at home. But I want something shatterproof.

I bought a couple of those £land ones today; I will see how they do.

(After a overnight test.)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
+1 for the Lock&Lock plastic boxes. I bought mine from a kitchenware shop near my parents, if I had to find them locally I am not sure where I would go. I find that the genuine Lock&Lock are significantly better than the generic supermarket versions. The clips on the supermarket ones do not always clip down, or stay that way over time. I use these boxes for food, including dressed salad, but also for pocket size expedition fishing tackle, first aid kits, camera and electronics when I am canoeing and general small parts and treasures that I want to stay together and be protected from damp.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE