A Short Walk In The Woods

Went for a walk today after work. The camera battery was low from work and I wanted to run it on down...there would have been more pics but I accomplished my intended goal fairly quickly.

DSC_1734.jpg

DSC_1736.jpg

Right off I disturbed some poor squirrel's dinner. Recent storms have brought down lots of Hickory nuts.

DSC_1731.jpg

This area made me wish it was cool enough to enjoy a fire...

DSC_1735.jpg

I had a couple of friends with me, yes...I know I'm eclectic :)

DSC_1744.jpg

There were some colorful fungi around, some that reminded me of horse-hoof fungus.

DSC_1743.jpg

DSC_1759.jpg

DSC_1757.jpg

Notice why this would be a bad place to set camp?

DSC_1766.jpg

Well...among other reasons there is this. For a moment thoughts of Mr. Mears' wasp larvae video passed through my mind but after a couple of large grey hornets buzzed me a few times I decided I really wasn't all that hungry, and besides it was a bit warm to be building a fire :)

DSC_1763.jpg

Not sure what this is...interesting colors though.

DSC_1762.jpg

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Great pictures again Mistwalker,nice axe too, you passed on the larvae then ?, i dont blame you hornets dont like me either :( , Cheers.
Darren.
P.S I still like that knife.

Great pictures again Mistwalker,nice axe too, you passed on the larvae then ?, i dont blame you hornets dont like me either :( , Cheers.
Darren.
P.S I still like that knife.

Thanks Darren. Yes...I did make a mental note of the location for later just in case, but really wasn't hungry enough to go there that time :) . Me too, it even looks good as a size reference tool :D

Cool pics Mistwalker, In the first photo What is that patch of sandy looking floor cover? is it a rain run off ?

Thanks Southey. Yes, where I first walked off the dirt road was a place where the foresters have cut a channel into the wood as a water run off...storm water protection for the road. That is where some of the leaves were washed away and the red clay was exposed by recent rains.

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the post, but now I'm curious what the post was that Toddy deleted.

Brian

Superb Pics. A really enjoying read buddy.:D

Tal'.

Thanks Tal', I'm glad you enjoyed it. Though I was just trying to run the battery down at first I ended up wishing it could have taken just a little longer. I've got to go back to that area soon, hopefully Sunday when Lisa is off work. If I take Alayna I'll have to be sure to take Rick's spare epi pen with me, I don't yet know if she has my mother's severe bee allergy or not. I should probably have her tested, but a friend of mine who is severely allergic leaves one of his epi pens with me at all times so I don't have to hunt for his if it's needed when we hike, or if I find out I do need it for Alayna. I'm not allergic and neither is my oldest but we don't know about Alayna yet.

It was a spammer from the far east! or should that read spanner?

Ah, thanks. And yeah...you may be right there lol.

Quality pics mate. looks like a nice area for a wander.

Thanks Barry, it is a great place to wander. A few thousand acres up there and before kids and responsibilities came along I used to take my holidays and wander around up there for days at a time.

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE