A Different Kind of 'How To' Book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

miranda

Feb 8, 2004
I read a very enlightening book a while back, which has certainly made backpacking trips easier for me:

"How to S**t in the Woods"
by Kathleen Meyer
published by Ten Speed Pres
ISBN 0-89815-627-0

On first appearance, you may think that this subject doesn't really need a whole book devoted to it as most survival books/courses cover such matters to some extent already, however as this one's written by a woman, it also addresses them from a female perspective too. And after all we've gotta go too! :wink:

Miz :lol:

J

Jamie

Thanks for that Miranda....always nice to see a different perspective!

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Ha ha, well that is strange, it may seem odd, but my father wrote a book in his youth called "countryside cr**ping".
He has travelled all over the cape (he was born in south africa) and decided to write the book with his friend for a laugh. But it ended up being a proper book, exploring all the different south african toilets (only in africa would you find a toilet *inside* a baobab tree!).
He tried to get it published but he publishers were not impressed!!!

Cheers,

Jake

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Hi Jake!
Jake Rollnick said:
Ha ha, well that is strange, it may seem odd, but my father wrote a book in his youth called "countryside cr**ping".
He has travelled all over the cape (he was born in south africa) and decided to write the book with his friend for a laugh. But it ended up being a proper book, exploring all the different south african toilets (only in africa would you find a toilet *inside* a baobab tree!).
Must have been a 'friendly' bush! :lol: :oops: (sorry!)

He tried to get it published but he publishers were not impressed!!!
That's a shame - I think there's far too many taboos on this particular subject and I think it's one of the biggest fears urbanites have about venturing into the outdoors.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
It was funny, but some people may somhow get offended :-? !

It was actually called "Collnick and Rollnick's guide to country side Cra**ing".
Collnick being the second name of my fathers friend, and Rollnick being his.

We still have it somewhere, it is a good laugh, next time i go to i visit my dad, i'll get it.

He's actually in south africa at the moment with my younger brother.

Cheers,

Jake

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE