A couple of chute panels and a bit of wind

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I managed to get away for a couple of days worth of paddling on Ullswater last week, full tale(ish) here:http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?37237-Just-A-couple-of-Days-on-Ullswater

But I just thought I'd share a little bit of improvisation with this;
[video=youtube;LZ30UNTQLM0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ30UNTQLM0[/video]

I eventually got the bottom tapes sorted out and the "sail" filled and then, she was away!

The boat was flying along, obviously just going with the wind but that's the way I was headed and it was a damn sight easier than paddling:cool:

Next on the "must have" list:- two piece canoe pole, to go with my proper sail I've had for two or three years but never bothered with!:rolleyes:

Really good fun

cheers

Steve

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Lovely... I really miss my prospector :(

BTW Steve, I love your firelighting guff on youtube - the style makes me smile:D

TFSupright.jpg

rancid badger

Thanks for the comments:)

That's a bonny looking spaniel DMN;)

The firelighting stuff came about from folk repeatedly asking how to do it on here as well as other forums etc and other folk (including me) trying to explain how its done and usually not succeeding! All a bit frustrating really:eek:

So I was sitting one day, with not much to do and decided to see what the result of just faffing about with steels and whatnot might be.

I set the camera going and then set away, I recorded how I do it, tidied it up a little, added the text and uploaded it.

Cheers

Steve

rancid badger

Thanks Danny:eek:

People have used coats, tarps, ponchos and even the odd umbrella before now:umbrella:

DMN; The music is just what they had on YT's list to be honest but the track on the flint and steel one is a really good fit I think:cool:

cheers

Steve

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I used to make these chute sails for The Princes Trust :) one chute made 2 or3 sails for rafted canoes.
I kept the erhem "off cuts" for other projects :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE