A Calender Of Edibles?

Feygan

Forager
Oct 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
Ok we all know about the common things to eat. (brambles, chesnuts etc) But how about folk throw down the things they know you can go out and find to eat and the type of areas and times of year to find them? I've always tried to look for something like this and all the books/progs seem to do it quote a very small few, so with the wealth of knowledge here I figured I'd try to pick everyones brain.

See if we can create a date and place larder of freebies for all.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
There is this thread which you should find fasinating

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?p=162855

Ahjno obviously went to all alot of effort to write this. The problem with any edible plants is everyone has differant tastes, and what is tasty in lanarkshire one month can be differant to what is good kent. I eat dandilion and sorrel most of the year round because they taste better than british supermarket lettuce, though to alot foragers they have a season when they should be eaten.

Something I really like about this site is that you can observe the seasons change gradually through the country. I personally think everyone should write a list like Ahjno that way it will be to your taste and locality.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE