2nd sheath attempt

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Hi all,

But embarrassed about putting this up especially with the cracking stuff topknot is putting out but what the heck!! After my first attempt I've kinda got the bug and so I decided to make a sheath for the wee fellas mora. What a customer he was!! :rolleyes: He sat and trawled through the forums looking for ideas and had very definite opinions on what he wanted. necker style slot but a belt loop too!! Black! Not too chunky, he wanted the welt to follow the blade very closely (which made it tricky for me!!) no nice chunky squared off ends. :(

This is what he got;

3297105429_de7eedb0ab.jpg

3297049377_fac87aaf49.jpg

3297050535_9835e94d40.jpg

3297876922_9581007234.jpg

3297049937_89e37ca5e5.jpg

Much better than my first attempt but still need to get the brunishing sorted, not quite right yet. Need to be better with the glue on the welt edge as well. Nevermind, live and learn. Looks mega shiney in the photos due to the flash but it's not that bad.

Cheers,

Alan

Rothley Bill

Forager
Aug 11, 2008
Rothley, Leicestershire
Allways listen to the customer and if they tell you its good then it is, the trouble with being a maker of anything is knowing where the bodies are buried.

I like the sheath very much, well done

pwb

The young lads obviously bit of a knife sheath connoisseur :D

I agree topknot and the other leather workers here produce some excellent work, but if that's only your second sheath :cool: I think there might be a new member among their ranks soon.

Cheers,
Pete.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Nice work fella :D Knows what he wants eh? Good taste too :D I like the slot, never knew what it was for though, I've thought of using it a few times just so the sheath can act like a spool for cordage as well as a sheath :p

Atb
Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE