2 nights minimal kit

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Hi folks,i just spent some time in the woods doing Dave Bromleys and Man of tanith's challenge.
I thought you may like a look http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70031&page=6 post 175.

Cheers Stuart.

Brilliant wee man, nice to see you out of that shed and putting yours skills to the test. I'm really glad you posted this up as an example to people that you dont have to spend £650 on a Ray Mears journeyman course to achieve what you did... It just proves that if you put in enough study and research you can safely do what you did.

By the way im not saying anyone who has spent £650 on a bushcraft course is in the wrong, as i myself have went down that route, i only think its great that some one like Stuart can show every one that it can be done with some hard work and not to mention, as any one who has met Stuart can tell you, plenty of talent....

Thanks for sharing Stuart

Col

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Cracking read Stuart, you not only showed it was possible but you also showed that even with the abundance of fresh new greens its difficult to get everything we need whilst out in the bush.
shame you didn't get some fish for day 2 but loved the post, not sure i could go out with such minimal kit myself.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
As always seems to be the case, much respect to you mate. A great post. I know i wouldn't have been able to do it with so little kit.

Dave

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
thats a great post buddy. very resourceful and knowledgable, although i don't think i'd fancy heading out without my doss bag. much respect.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks,many thanks for the kind comments,it was a great couple of nights spent in the woods.

Brilliant wee man, nice to see you out of that shed and putting yours skills to the test. I'm really glad you posted this up as an example to people that you dont have to spend £650 on a Ray Mears journeyman course to achieve what you did... It just proves that if you put in enough study and research you can safely do what you did.

By the way im not saying anyone who has spent £650 on a bushcraft course is in the wrong, as i myself have went down that route, i only think its great that some one like Stuart can show every one that it can be done with some hard work and not to mention, as any one who has met Stuart can tell you, plenty of talent....

Thanks for sharing Stuart

Col

Hi Col,you will get me :eek: ,and the cheque is in the post :lmao:

Cheers Stuart.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Just credit where credit due mate, a lot of us look the part, all dressed in green with knives hanging from us, but when i saw the things you had made and showed at comriecroft, it kinda put me to shame for not working at things hard enough, but then again you soon sorted that out when you got me thinning down a dinosaur bone to a fishing hook, only took me 3 days but i got there in the end.

Col

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great stuff as ever Stuart. That's what its all about, no gimmicky stuff and getting stuck in.
Shelter looked great and well done on the fish trap.

Calurix

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 12, 2010
Moray, Scotland
Great post Stuart. I don't see me attempting to go out with so little but I am impressed how well you adapted to what resources you came across.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE