10amp battery charger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
The red flashing is probably overcharge warning as i sent all units fully charged. Run it down a bit first. Good news on the galaxy tab. I often charge mine overnight.

you will get a steady green light when full

Now you're trying to confuse me! I have a steady blue light next to the "out" socket when I switch on, and a slow-flashing red light next to the "in" socket when I connect it up to my laptop USB.

Or I might just be colour-blind! I'll try running it down a bit then try again.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
yes blue light on the 'out' end should be on when charging a gdget / phone. Steady red light on 'in' end when charging. ive never been completely sure whether the red flashing is trickle charge or overcharge protection but it tends to occur when full or near full.

1 left

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
A little information for those who may be questioning whether their phone would benefit from this charging system.

I have a Nokia "Touch & Type" phone, part keypad, part touch screen phone (probably very old technology to some) - it was supplied with a USB to Micro USB converter lead - it was this lead that I had anticipated using with BT's Power Pack to give me a bit of charge flexibility at the Moot.

With this (Nokia supplied) lead connected to the Power Pack, the phone screen reads "Charging device not supported!" so I thought I might have forego my phone as I had in previous years.

However, since I am not so far advanced in technological terms as some (no Ipad, no Iphone, no tablet-doohickeys) I was in a position to have to buy a mains/car type charging unit for BT's Power Pack. I wandered into my local Tesco's (other electrical retailers are available) and bought a "multi-input, multi phone charger" for a little over £10. Within this kit was a Nokia converter which connects to a short USB lead, charging via the normal Nokia charging input.
Using this system of connecting my phone to the Power Pack, the phone charges as normal and gives me the ability to charge the Power Pack from mains, car or USB - also I can very likely offer charging assistance to other people who use a range of phones as I have five other adaptors.

In all, I believe that BareThrill's Power Pack, is a little more versatile than he might have thought!

Thanks BT

Ogri the trog

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Cheers Pete. Just out of interest did you try the original lead with and without the ihustler adapter?

Yes I did - brought up the same screen message.

I've learnt that I have the ability to turn my phone into "flight" mode - which I'm guessing will save a few grammes of electrical whassaname!

Cheers Paul

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE