Recent content by Woody girl

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
  1. Woody girl

    National Risk Register/National Resilience Update - Nothing new to us.

    Saturday night used to be the day you got a bath, to go out on the town all sparkly clean or maybe be clean for church the next morning. Nobody can afford a Saturday night out now, and few go to church, so, my question is...why have a shower at all? :)
  2. Woody girl

    National Risk Register/National Resilience Update - Nothing new to us.

    Well, with the gov, trying to ban open fires and wood/coal burners, most will be sitting pretty in their all electric homes without heat, water, cooking ability, mobile phone connection, or even a landline. Some improvement eh? I shower once a week Sunday morning, and strip wash morning and...
  3. Woody girl

    The most basic bread recipe.

    Sounds perfect for me, as its gluten free. I've just put some red lentils in to soak and I'll have a go at them tomorrow. Morning.. I like wraps , but the g/f ones are so expensive.! Sounds like this would make good wraps for my favourite tuna salad wrap sarnies.
  4. Woody girl

    Today I Cooked...

    Harvest crumble. Pear, apple, blackberry, plum, and greengage, topped with a home made butter crumble, with ginger, cinnamon and toasted hazelnuts. All foraged fruits and nuts, butter home made. Its gian6 sized as its my offering for the harvest festival bring and share meal. im serving it with...
  5. Woody girl

    The most basic bread recipe.

    Real bread has four ingredients Flour Yeast with a tsp of sugar to make a starter, unless its instant yeast. Just bung that straight into the bowl with the flour. Small amount of salt. Water . Mix, knead rest, bake. No need for knocking back and two risings. I've made bread successfully with...
  6. Woody girl

    Medicine shortages

    Even more dental problems. This is shocking! I went for my check up on the 18th, told I needed an x Ray. But they couldn't do it as the machine didn't work. They made a show of attempting half heartedly trying to turn it on, but then told me it had been out of action all day. Odd Today I got...
  7. Woody girl

    National Risk Register/National Resilience Update - Nothing new to us.

    I've had nothing from the gov telling me to prepare anything, neither has anyone I've spoken to in the last month or so. Nobody is even aware that we are being advised to stock up. Many have no alternative heating, lighting, or cooking abilities. Good job im ahead of others round here. Putting...
  8. Woody girl

    Carnation Condensed Milk

    I wish I could find the tubes, non to be had anywhere near me. Even tried the polish section in tesco. Oh well, I'll have to stick with the nasty milk powder when out. I do rather love hot chocolate made with evaporated milk. It used to be an evening snack, along with a fried strawberry jam...
  9. Woody girl

    Camping with a tarp in the open.

    Many a time I've used my motorbike as the high point of my tarp shelter just used a couple of bungies to secure it to the bike. Two or three pegs to peg it out and I had a great shelter, (unless the rain came in on the bike side! Got a bit damp then once or twice) Have also used a dry stone...
  10. Woody girl

    Rodent invasion

    Mice, Find their entrance hole. Fill with wire wool and then plaster over it, or use something like mastic to cover the hole. I've even used duc tape as a temporary covering. So far, (toch wood) I seem to be on top of my rat problem, but winter will tell if they get in the loft. I know when...
  11. Woody girl

    WHAT DID YOU MAKE TODAY?

    Been given a fresh honeycomb, so made butter and bread to go with it
  12. Woody girl

    Essential life saving skills.

    I've just signed up for a free training course on how to use a defibrillator. One more skill to add to my skills etc. Most areas that have a defibrillator for public use do free courses every so often. Good way to get free training.
  13. Woody girl

    A.I Created images and video

    It's a control system. Why on earth do you think they are building so many mega data centres? Why does absolutely everything have to be done online nowadays. They are slowly removing our ability to do anything without having to use a computer. Digital photos for driving licence or passport...
  14. Woody girl

    OFFER Hops

    Yes please, vines for my church harvest festival decoration. You know my details. Thanks.
  15. Woody girl

    The 'I've found a bargain' thread

    The range, yesterday, 75%off camping stuff. Found a collapsible toilet . Originally 20 quid, got it for a fiver. Not much left, and this was the only item of interest. No idea how good it is as I havnt set it up yet, I will do that later today. Comes with plastic liners..not great quality but...