Recent content by TLM

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
  1. T

    A.I Created images and video

    Well, you had it easy we had the 10 tn ones here and they were mean. Better steal it before it caught you in it's eyes.
  2. T

    National Risk Register/National Resilience Update - Nothing new to us.

    Just watch Hitchcock's Birds once more and replace ordinary crazed avians with exploding ones.
  3. T

    G10 or Micarta?

    G10 is glass/epoxy circuit board base material, quite strong in many ways, absorbs little water (but some), stable and chemically fairly resistant. Micarta apparently can be almost anything, several thermosets are used for various applications, several reinforcements are in use. So basically...
  4. T

    What fungi did you spot today?

    Caught sight of Coral Tooth Fungus, very rare here, don't know about UK
  5. T

    Ron Hood

    I remember following his "Hoodlums" for some while. Some years before his death there was a controversy for a while, in his background script he had put "attached to Special Forces" during his service. Some people did not take that nicely and as playacting to have been a Greenie Beanie...
  6. T

    New Morakniv Morkret

    There was for Jääkäripuukko 140 (I have one) but not anymore or just now, it is a manufacturing glitch.
  7. T

    New Morakniv Morkret

    I have a feeling that showing a woman how to properly break a knife did not go down all that well. :)
  8. T

    New Morakniv Morkret

    Maybe, but to me it looks more like a HD trekking knife (the one knife solution). As to Mora's reputation there is a Finnish saying: "Moralla murhat muikeat ja kirveellä kuolot kauhiat." It does not translate well but the meaning is: Mora is good for murders and and axe for terrible deaths...
  9. T

    National Risk Register/National Resilience Update - Nothing new to us.

    More likely that it is Wednesday instead of just Tuesday. :angelic2:
  10. T

    Mosquitos

    Ah ,I remember about 57 years ago at a large boggy are in Lapland the small devils hatched at night between 16 and 17 of June, we were walking there through the night and experienced the birth of "Räkkä" first hand.
  11. T

    Cats

    Hmmm ... The World Wide Cat Distributing System has not answered yet?
  12. T

    Knives you have had over your life - the good, bad or ugly?

    I have no knives I am totally happy with and some that I don't like at all, the broken ones. I have several that I use regularly without too much trouble. Like most tools.
  13. T

    WHAT DID YOU MAKE TODAY?

    That is a serious temptation ... :D
  14. T

    Alone TV Show - New Nessmuk trio?

    While I do recognize that not very much progress has happened in outdoors tool field I still think that we might have invented something new and hopefully better in the last 150 years. Small folding saw is one thing that did not exist, as far as I can recall, in Nesmuk's time, in some cases it...
  15. T

    Wild fires - Survival Skills.

    Some 25 years ago here local councils started to give every building used for living an address. So by now practically every house has a unique address: county, road, number/letter. Houses with no road access can be identified by ground lot number or WGS84 coordinates. All in all the system...