Recent content by Kadushu

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
  1. Kadushu

    Less conventional Fruit.

    Someone found an osage tree and brought a fruit to ask me what it was. Incidentally it's related to mulberry and both have a similar yellow wood. I made a mallet with mulberry wood because it's bloomin hard! Has anyone mentioned wineberry yet? I have a couple of those. Think small glossy fruit...
  2. Kadushu

    Your picture of the day...

    I'm quite pleased with this although I wish I'd got the hole spacings even. The main body of it is hazel.
  3. Kadushu

    Your picture of the day...

    Another one nearly done
  4. Kadushu

    Your picture of the day...

    Today's offering
  5. Kadushu

    10 cut pliers

    It was a few years ago when I tried but from what I recall I decided that you need a fairly soft wood for it to be buildable but then a soft wood doesn't make great pliers. *shrugs*
  6. Kadushu

    10 cut pliers

    I tried the 10 cut version and failed.
  7. Kadushu

    Your picture of the day...

    A few more spoons
  8. Kadushu

    For Sale Leather Coin Pouch

    Call it a persuader
  9. Kadushu

    Your picture of the day...

    It absolutely is!!
  10. Kadushu

    Your picture of the day...

    The spoons I've carved so far this month
  11. Kadushu

    Whittling knife recommendations

    I really like it. Okay a Dremel is far quicker and easier to use but you're really comparing apples with oranges. I don't find the larger hook knife very useful because it doesn't stick out far enough from the handle but the smaller one is great, along with the wharncliffe blade. Pair it with a...
  12. Kadushu

    Whittling knife recommendations

    Weirdly, one of the nicest knives I've used is the Boker Tech Tool 1 but I wouldn't call it an upgrade over the OP's Moras. More broadly I find SAKs very capable, it's just that the TT1 has a hollow ground blade and no other tools to get in the way.
  13. Kadushu

    Wales based survival TV experience.

    Sounds like a non zero chance of decapitation at home though!
  14. Kadushu

    British folder?

    When it was new it was a bit stiff to open but ran in with use and lube. Other than that I have no complaints at all.
  15. Kadushu

    British folder?

    The TBS Badger has been in my pocket every day for over 3 years now. It's a thicker blade than traditional slipjoints, SAKs or Opinels but they got the grind just right in my opinion so it cuts beautifully. The handle is the most comfortable I have on a slipjoint.