Recent content by HorseGuy

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
  1. HorseGuy

    Wood burner in the garden

    How long does a washing machine drum last when used as a fire pit? Are there any issues with them rusting away?
  2. HorseGuy

    52 steps to learning skills.

    Good point. Although I would suggest that one should be included as part of skill lesson 16.
  3. HorseGuy

    52 steps to learning skills.

    15) Take a basic first aid course. 16) Erect a rain/wind proof shelter using a tarp, some string and home made wooden pegs.
  4. HorseGuy

    52 steps to learning skills.

    14) Start a fire without using a lighter or matches.
  5. HorseGuy

    What did you buy today?

    What am I looking at here?
  6. HorseGuy

    A.I Created images and video

    I once tried grating cheddar to put in a recipe. Big mistake! It kept disappearing just as fast as it was being grated until there was non left and I was no longer hungry.
  7. HorseGuy

    National Risk Register/National Resilience Update - Nothing new to us.

    I already have some 'Free Food' signs painted up and ready to be hung out in front of the spike pits down range from the snipers nest. :ar15:
  8. HorseGuy

    National Risk Register/National Resilience Update - Nothing new to us.

    Maybe it's because they have played and watched Fallout. That universe is fun. If they watched Threads instead of Fallout maybe they might not want a total collapse.
  9. HorseGuy

    G10 or Micarta?

    Here are some photos of the TBS Lynx Compact. As you can see I went for the canvas micarta option. Nice and grippy material. It almost feels like it has too much friction sometimes but I expect this will be a benefit when using it with wet or greasy hands so I quite like that. The knife itself...
  10. HorseGuy

    A question for gardeners in Devon

    Oddly enough broad beans, squash, sweetcorn and sunflowers (Jerusalem artichokes) were exactly the types of crops that I had considered myself already.
  11. HorseGuy

    A question for gardeners in Devon

    I wouldn't buy any seeds or anything else from him. Any seeds I buy will be from a localish UK company. Yeah I took his claims with a hefty pinch of salt and a good dose of skepticism when I heard them too. While at the same time I'm not going to immediately discredit them out of hand without...
  12. HorseGuy

    A question for gardeners in Devon

    I had a very quick glance at his substack page and he does have seeds for sale. I didn't see anything about there being a course or anything else there for sale though.
  13. HorseGuy

    A question for gardeners in Devon

    I'm a complete amateur when it comes to gardening and have not particularly successful at it so far. I bow down to the people on here with their extensive experience, knowledge and growing successes. His method of gardening does interest me though and I wonder if it might be worth some further...
  14. HorseGuy

    What did you buy today?

    Yep. Canvas micarta. :) It should be delivered today so I'll probably post a photo and a first impressions overview in the other thread sometime over the weekend.
  15. HorseGuy

    A question for gardeners in Devon

    You haven't misunderstood. Rather my initial explanation was too limited. It's a long interview which runs for over an hour and he goes into much more detail than what I wrote. Every year he tries new strains and different types of crops to find other new ones which are naturally suited to his...