woolly pully ver. 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Hello all... After making the first anorak, it seemed prudent to make a few improvements and fine tune everything. Hopefully this won't go past ver. 10 ;)

4229803384_d0d339aeac_o.jpg

4229804440_2778a4086b_o.jpg

4229803984_87edd25947_o.jpg

Materials included one of those super smelly italian surplus blankies, chicago screws, gutterman HD silk thread (130 yds+!), pigskin, and a little bit of latigo lace.

The biggest difference between this version and the first was dropping the 3oz. suede and going with a lighter 2oz. leather. It makes all the difference in the world being able to NOT have to handsew through 5/8" of wool and leather (yup, in some places it was that much).

er, yeah... pockets... hmm. still trying to figure out a way that doesn't look generic and allows easy use with either hand. ver 1 pockets on ver 3 anorak :D

Thanks for looks.. and keep up the creativity!

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
thank you gentlemen. there are still a few things still in the works like... pocket(s), wrist closures, and now that it hit -15 F, an inner skirt to keep out the chill whilst (proper verbage?) maintaining a good drape.

Thank you again.. and if anyone is interested in making their own the same way, check out http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7076

blankets can be had the cheapest here at sportsmansguide.com.. i think even with shipping and Duty.. this will be cheaper than any place on the planet

thank you once again

Last edited:

bhofmann

Forager
Dec 18, 2009
Exmouth, Devon, England, UK
Where did you get the patterns? It sounds like this is your own design. Have you posted the patterns on a different thread?

Sorry about all the questions, but I'm a complete newbie to buchcraftuk forums. Keen to learn, and a good warm top is essential IMO.

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
bhof... The patterns were made from my measurements. it's part lutterloh system, and a lot of testing to get everything right. there is a link in one of the previous posts to the pattern. check it out. also a link to italian blankets for really cheap.

Am going to add snaps or buttons to the wrists as time alots.

Thanks again for all the great comments.

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Hi JohnnyB..

The size is Adjustable based on adding and subtracting from different areas. The size portrayed here fits me @ 6'1" 185 lbs. (forgive the units, it seems the US is still behind the times... that would be 1.85 m and 84 kgr).

It think it's safe to say that anyone in the range of an inch or 2 taller or smaller would be snug in this as well. Check out and addendum to resizing @ BCUSA (more specifically, this post. It details a little more info on where to cut for sizing larger or smaller.

All in all, if you only adjust the length of the sleeves and the length of the body panels, this pattern should adequately fit anyone from 1.68m ~ 1.95m in height.

Let me know if you neede any help working out the pattern sizes... hopeefully i can explain it without the need for too much illustration.

Thanks for the interest gents and M's ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE