Winter Greens

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone could throw out a few suggestions on what wild edibles might be available at this time of year. I find that as the green begins to die back, it both highlights and hides available foods. That said, I could do with a few pointers in the right direction!

Cheers

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Do you mean just greens as per title or as I suspect all edibles. Of the greens chickweed is one.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The likes of corned beef, spam, salami, pasta, dried spuds, cheese et al all make useful additions to wild greens unless your on a crash diet and intending to loose weight fast.

Greens this time of the year in the UK add colour but no real nutritional value to 'wild' food, you won't live on it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bittercress is still seeding away quite happily and so are dandelions. We still have fresh nettle shoots coming up too from where I cut them down hard and the same with dockens. Bramble and wild strawberry leaves make good tea.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE