Perceid meteor shower peak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
If you find yourself awake between midnight and 5am take a look at the sky tonight. There is a good chance despite a full moon that you will see this amazing celestial firework display. You will need to be in a fairly dark area because of the moon.
I'm lucky enough to live in a dark sky area so I've been waiting with great anticipation for this. Unfortunately it's pouring with rain at the moment. Hope it clears up in the next hour or so and I get a good show.

Reactions: Toddy

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
When seeing conditions are good, the Perseid shower is fantastic = one every 2-3 seconds.
I saw it back in the early 1990's in a black velvet night sky = absolutely amazing.

The constellation Perseus should be in the northeast, the meteors appear to be coming from there.
Actually, it's a column of sand and dust that the Earth swings through once a year.
So turn left or right so a lot of them appear to be crossing the near sky.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE