Cornwall Natural Living Festival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
Just thought I'd mention something I found on the National Trust web. There is a Natural Living Festival taking place at Lanhydrock House near Bodmin on the 31st of August, I know that usually mean a lot of new age stuff, it is, but there is also some Bushcrafty events on the program. The way I understand it there is going to be some demo's and possibly a Blacksmith on site and also some talks on tracking etc. I also thought that perhaps if any BCers from the local area were going we could have meet up and get to put faces to names, you know who you are Jonny P, Nightwalker, Allie, Rhoda (who I think may be taking part in the tracking talks) and myself. Hope to see and talk some of you there.
(Not personnally connected with any part of the event).

ps I hope this is in the right section if not SORRY and please move it to the right area. Ta.

pps apologies Ashley.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Rhoda has already mentioned this.... I would love to go, but the wilderness gathering is my priority for that weekend....It does sound good though...

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
I would love to come but it being in Kernow I cant get in - the guards at the border posts just dont like the look of me I guess. Shame.:(

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I would love to come but it being in Kernow I cant get in - the guards at the border posts just dont like the look of me I guess. Shame.:(

Sorry Aaron, I did tell them not to let the long haired one in but they must of made a mistake....

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Yep, im free! :)

Here's more info on the event:

Aarati - Festival of Light - Sunday 31 Aug 08

One-day festival at Lanhydrock House, celebrating natural living. Workshops and talks throughout the day on subjects including yoga, healing, eco-living, food and nutrition, bushcraft, wildlife. Come along and enjoy the atmosphere! Kids area with lots of attractions. Raising money for the Global Natural Healthcare Trust and The National Trust.

Lanhydrock - A National Trust Property, Bodmin Cornwall PL30 5AD

Open from 10am til 8pm See www.aarati.co.uk for details.

Information Source: http://www.wherecanwego.com/Search/ViewEvent.aspx?e=184388

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
looks like i'll be making this one, just book our family holiday in cornwall, so will pop in on the day, anyone know how much entry is, and weather national trust members get in free ?

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
I just had a shock, £25 a ticket also no tickets on the day must be obtained beforehand, NT membership doesn't help, and it's £16 for kids. WOW!!!!!!!!!
( It's all for an aids charity run by Col Dick Strawbridge's wife ).
Tickets available through AARATI site.

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
No no all wrong (sorry Andy!) Tickets are £25 yes but they can be obtained on the day providing they haven't sold out beforehand. There are only limited numbers so thought they are best booked in advance but people are also welcome to turn up on the day. The website will say if they sell out.
The event is raising money for a cornish based charity who provide herbal medicines and free food for people affected by HIV/Aids in Africa. Brigit Strawbridge is supporting us by being there on the day running talks and workshops but it is not for her charity. Kids go FREE.

Hope that clears it up, feel free to alter this mods if you think it's self promoting. I'm trying not to but don't want people to have the wrong idea about the event.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
These are usually fascinating events, full of good feeling as well as information and ideas........wish I lived nearer.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE