TV you enjoy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Heat them first to learn what's alive and what's dead. Really hard to figure that out with a bucket full of BC mussels.
The little buggers stay shut tight. Eating broken shell bits is a total turn-off.
A half shell works OK to shuck the meat. I'll use a copper crooked knife that I forged.
I'll put the string in my smoker when I'm doing ribs or chickens or something. Give them 275F to dry cook and alder for smoke.

I live in McBride on the banks of the Fraser River. Zero industry and few people upstream from here.
I'm trying to find out if there's freshwater clams in the river. Nobody seems to know.
Downstream, in side tributaries, there are clams. but no pearls. Ought to be edible.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I did not enjoy the Canadian TV series Frontier.
Canada, you can do better!
Also the series Vikings went from plausible and watch worthy to bad.

It turned around the time they introduced that Asian girl into the story.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I thought they were strung up raw, then smoked/cooked on a smoky fire!
No; not "strung." You can throw them live into a steamer or on a grill. Basically their cooked as soon as they open (or no more than 2 minutes max) Another method (takes longer but is loads of fun) is the classic New England Clam Bake:

The only reason you would open them first would be to batter and fry them (or on the grill on the half shell)

You can also use an open them first would be if you wanted to batter them and fry them or cook on the half shell (or serve raw on the half shell)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I poach my blue mussels in a white wine ( prefer a dry one from Veneto area in Italy) chopped tomato, garlic, crushed green peppercorns, crushed juniper berries and salt.

Never tried grilling them. Will do though! Might do them on yhe top warming rack, and create some smoke with a wet wood.

Reactions: santaman2000

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Call me sad if you want, but I have a real soft spot for the original Star Trek series. Seen them all so many times it's like sitting down with old friends.

Dave

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
-Last Man Standing (the series with Tim Allen, although the movie with Bruce Willis was good too)
-The Goldbergs
-Blue Bloods

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE