yummy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well if we have got this wrong we will look a bit silly!!!
For the benefit of JasonS and Falcon.
We spent a wee while looking for plants at the weekend, sorry no pic's it was a bit damp at times.:rolleyes:

This was from an early (ish) bimble this morning.
Had a great sunday morning with superb company ( and the bonus of an additional lovely lady too...:D .) thanks guys look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.
D

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Ahh........you found one...!! :You_Rock_ well done. Thanks for your comany Dave, along with two Jasons and Jackie (sp).....you certainly make a mean Sausage'n'bacon buttie. Thanks again mate ..:) Wot thunderstorm..??? ::confused: who cares.....:beerchug:

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Yes it is......cant take the credit jason found it while I was looking skyward!!!
Funny not 100yards from where we were looking!
Will try not to burn the sandwiches next time (note to self less talking and more watching of the griddle)
Look forward to seeing you all again soon.
D
Thinking Morrocan lamb next time anyone not like that sort of thing?!?!

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Mungo,yes it is.Not sure about from where you are from mate.....?
Quite a nice taste prob one of the nicer un cooked edibles I have tried here....not a good as steak mind!
D
Must have a llok on your blog not visited for some time.

Hello Tommy,

I've only seen a Pig nut on a Ray Mears episode... I'm located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada - just next to Lake Ontario in the Great lakes Region. It's looking really nice here, the blossoms are coming out on the trees this week!

Cheers - drop on by my blog when you get a chance - I like getting comments on it, and always welcome suggestions for content.

Cheers,

Mungo

Mang

Settler
That's a good pic of the foliage (I've never been sure). I'm guessing the wider leaves in the background are Bluebells? I say that because they often go hand in hand don't they? Also, is that as tall as the plant gets?

pentrekeeper

Forager
Apr 7, 2008
North Wales
Yeah, just been for twenty minute stroll in local woods and I've found some pignuts see below.
pignut1.jpg

pignut2.jpg

I think there are three in total, as these are the only ones I've senn I have left them.
Does anyone know if they are still good to eat if they are flowering, also how quickly do they propogate.

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
www.mid-waleslogbuildings.co.uk
Thanks to the photo's in this thread :You_Rock_ I've just realised what all the little umbellifers in the field by the house are, hundreds of em!! :D

Does anyone know if they are still good to eat if they are flowering, also how quickly do they propogate.

I just tried a couple that were flowering and they tasted fine and so far no untoward after effec..............aagh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE