Your Favorite 'outdoors' TV shows.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Im talking about light entertainment here.

Ok, They cancelled Ultimate Survival Alaska, which had some great characters. Lived off the land. Raced against each other. Green berets, seals, normal fellas. That was a great show just to dance before the eyes. Living off the land. Hunting. Pakboats. up and down mountains. the works. But they cancelled series 4!!! It even had a very high 7.9 IMDB rating. :sulkoff: network idiots.

Yukon Men. Like that as well. But they seem to have cut down the series to just 8 episodes now.

Alone, not watched any of the second season yet. Not brilliant, but better than most of the other stuff on tv

Seen all the survivormans.

Mears is just boring now.

Lars Monsens good. Seen em.

Any others that are good to watch?

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I don't watch a lot of TV, and other than RM, I've not seen any of the above shows. But I have been enjoying Ben Fogles New lives in the wild. I really enjoyed the episode about two elderly brothers, who lived off grid in an Arizona?? Canyon. I like Bens unassuming style, and the rapport he has with the people he films.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yeh, that was a good one.

HERE is the full playlist of episodes of ultimate survival alaska. The series get better as they go along.

Last edited:

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Any Ray Mears, I like the Building Alaska series, Yukon men and life below zero, don't have sky so have to rely on youtube or standard channels.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I can't offer the glamour of a TV production. If you want to "do it" instead of "watching it," come over to my place.
In 45 minutes, I can park you and your kit in any one of a number of fantastic wilderness campsites, rushing mountain stream and all.
You can fuss with the wolves, coyotes, lynx, bobcats, cougars, grizzly & black bears in your campsite.
The moose, elk, caribou, sheep and gaots won't be a bother.

When it's -10C and snowing like hello in June, the kit is up to you.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I can't offer the glamour of a TV production. If you want to "do it" instead of "watching it," come over to my place.
In 45 minutes, I can park you and your kit in any one of a number of fantastic wilderness campsites, rushing mountain stream and all.
You can fuss with the wolves, coyotes, lynx, bobcats, cougars, grizzly & black bears in your campsite.
The moose, elk, caribou, sheep and gaots won't be a bother.

When it's -10C and snowing like hello in June, the kit is up to you.

Will have to take you up on that offer one day mate. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE