Yet more fungi ID help pelase

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi all,

It was a lovely day today so me and the dog went up to delamere forest for a wonder. There were loads of mushrooms about and i am reading up on fungi at the moment but its still early days :eek:

I found a few and could only easily ID the big agaric so any pointers on the rest would be appreciated. Cheers all.

First one, gills stop about half way down
IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

Second
IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Huge :eek: UKPK knife for scale
IMAG0008.jpg

Third with almost bright yellow stems.
IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

:)

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Nice pictures. A tip for another time would be to put a coin in each shot so as to get a better idea of scale.

The 3rd picture could be King Alfred's Cake, Daldinia Concenrica - would confirm it if it was black inside with concentric rings.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
For the first one, you might want to be looking at Clitocybes (funnel caps). From the wavy margin you could perhaps consider Frosty Funnel (clitocybe phyllophila) but that's just the nearest picture I found in Philips' Mushrooms.

HTH

Geoff

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice pictures. A tip for another time would be to put a coin in each shot so as to get a better idea of scale.

The 3rd picture could be King Alfred's Cake, Daldinia Concenrica - would confirm it if it was black inside with concentric rings.

Thanks ill stick a coin in the new shots, as far as king alfreds cake goes it doesnt have a concentrica look about it. The picutre just below is one fo the same cut open. Any more help appreciated. :)

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Top; brown gilled funnel cap looks it is a brown roll rim but it maybe an expired clytocybe.
second; blackening russula (?????) not very sure at all.
third; fly agaric with the spots washed off. It looks a bit like a russula which is why it is important to look at stem and it features.
Fouth don't know but is closely reated to sulpher tuft.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Top; brown gilled funnel cap looks it is a brown roll rim but it maybe an expired clytocybe.
second; blackening russula (?????) not very sure at all.
third; fly agaric with the spots washed off. It looks a bit like a russula which is why it is important to look at stem and it features.
Fouth don't know but is closely reated to sulpher tuft.

Thanks for that :) ill look them up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE