Yelling at the box

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

After 6 days with the survivors of Lost in the Ch4 series what would you do?

• Total voters

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
Not sure if this is the right place, but the discussion about the Lost TV series got me thinking thatt the series will provide a lot of talking points to the forum. i know im allready shouting at the box with all sorts of helpful advice. And tho im well aware there is no right and wrong id be interested to hear what others have been thinking whilst they watch.

For a start how many would have stayed on the beach and who would have gone to the caves when the characters where making their decisions?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
maverix said:
For a start how many would have stayed on the beach and who would have gone to the caves when the characters where making their decisions?

Have yet to see any caves, two episodes in and I'm guessing the second sunny day they've been on the beach I have been thinking that they really need to do something about all the dead bodies around them...

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
maverix said:
Not sure if this is the right place, but the discussion about the Lost TV series got me thinking thatt the series will provide a lot of talking points to the forum. i know im allready shouting at the box with all sorts of helpful advice. And tho im well aware there is no right and wrong id be interested to hear what others have been thinking whilst they watch.

Caves? ? ? They were still on the beach in the first three episode that I've seen, two on the first night followed by a third on E4..... :confused:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
And staying close to the wreckage is the best thing to do in a survival situation, also if a plan or boat goes by then they are on hand to build up the signal fire/keep it maintained etc. only seen 2 episodes so far and I think it's great. 24 is another great US drama too I'm half way through series 4...

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Missed them.
Last time I remember yelling at the box was during the RM stone age bow episode. I'd have really liked to have seen how his master bowyer buddy went about using those tools. Kept seeing him in the backgound, always using a different tool or holding the bow a different way.

When the arrow was finished and I realised that it wasn't going to run along the lines of:
"While I was making the arrow....."

Arhhhhh!

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Grooveski said:
Missed them.
Last time I remember yelling at the box was during the RM stone age bow episode. I'd have really liked to have seen how his master bowyer buddy went about using those tools. Kept seeing him in the backgound, always using a different tool or holding the bow a different way.

When the arrow was finished and I realised that it wasn't going to run along the lines of:
"While I was making the arrow....."

Arhhhhh!

Why not ask him? His name is Chris Boyton, and he's a very nice man, and very modest considering he's probably a leading authority on bows ( I think Medieval was his favourite), and a very talented shot too!
I believe his phone number was on the Woodlore website - why not book a bow-making session while you're at it. :D

TwoFourAlpha

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2004
Manchester
Is plan 'C' the "Eat the fat kid" option? I'd vote for that.

Actually, perhaps we should have a second poll...which irritating survivor goes in the pot first?

What?... What?

The Catholic church said it was OK in a survival situation. OK, they've only been there a couple of days, but they're survivin'

Anyway, it's on in 0h45m, gotta go and eat ;-)

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Did anyone else get the first impression that there was a "Forbidden Planet" type thing going - that the monster roaming arond, crushing trees was going to end up being somebodies giant ego on the rampage ? (please dont ruin it with an answer if you've seen it :) )...

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Was a bit baffled that they chose to try and hunt the Boars with only knives :eek:

not even bothering to make spears or trapping them :confused:

Beakytzw

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2005
where ever the military send me!
the whole of series 1 thanks to BitTorrent.....Shhhh it is naughty. I am now gripped, and I have to wait until 21 Sep for Series 2 :^( Boar is getting scarce, fat kid looking good for the pot, Kate is keeping me entertained, the rest are doing a lord of the flies type thing :D

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
They're not too bad, apart from the amount of time it took them to do something about the festering corpses. Within 24 hours they would have been getting a little funky....

And why burn the plane? Think of all the resources they have just lost! Oh well, hopefully soon the jabberwocky will get them all. Of course, naturally, I think they are already all dead but that's just my theory. The one film that really makes me shout at the box is Castaway. Yea gods....

Venger

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2005
Nottingham
Spacemonkey said:
Of course, naturally, I think they are already all dead but that's just my theory.

You know I came to the same conclusion :D.
ID island is it, when does Ricardo Montalban come out?

Venger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE