yarrow and all it's uses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bartjeuh200

Nov 2, 2007
Lembeke, Belgium
Hi

I have some questions concerning yarrow. I, apparently, have a very appealing body to horseflies, as they swarm around me this time of year. I was watching a "country-tracks" episode the other day, and remembered that mister Mears suggested yarrow as a natural insect-repellant. So i rubbed some on my skin, and it worked for me. But then my skin, as i anticipated, got irritated due to the "yarrow-juice".

Now here's my question: I used some Ribwort Plantain or English Plantain to rid me of this irritation. But by mixing these two juices together, does that adversely affect the insect-repellant properties of yarrow?

And if other members have used yarrow in this manner, has it worked for you?

robwolf

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2008
thetford norfolk
yarrow can be used for tea but has also been used by achilles to staunch bleeding it is said to be used dried but this didnot work for me it can also be used to relive a headache although you are supposed to shove it up your nose and it causes a nosebleed as for plantain its an amasing plant i use it for stopping bleeding insect repelent stopping the the pain of various stingy things including nettle it works ten times better than docks

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I read that it was slightly Psychotropic and a Yarrow tea made you see colours slightly more vivid. the site recommended it for artists and photographers. Being a curious person, and an artist, I brewed some yarrow tea earlier today.
I managed 3 sips. Vile. Im sorry. absolutely vile.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE