Yard sale canoe score

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
Saw a small canoe in the snow by the road for sale. Recognized it as a Bell solo, (they're well known around here) but it was cold and dark and I was tired, so I didn't look too hard. Thought about it all night, and went back the next day for a closer look. It had been neglected a bit, but barely used. The wood trim is gray, but there's not a scratch on the hull. The cane seat is perfect. I think some sanding and oiling will restore the wood. Recognized the interior as kevlar, and it was remarkably light, so I bought it. Called Bell with the serial number, and it turns out that it was a special-order boat built in 2000, with carbon fiber outer layers, kevlar inner, and walnut thwarts. We still have some open water here, and it paddles like a sports car. My wife is even letting me keep it in the house.

IMG_3335.jpg

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
What a stroke of luck. The UK equivalent is a car boot sale, but I've stopped going to them because I'm always amazed at the brazen cheek of some people who'll put a price on some worthless piece of tat.

Cheers, Michael.

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
I'm leaving on an airline trip early in the morning. I'm afraid the lake will be frozen by the time I get back, so I went for one last paddle this afternoon. It was 4*F, minus 15*C. I thought I was going to lose my ears and fingers.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
And I'm complaining because we have black iced paths and the temperature is supposed to drop to -4 oC tonight :rolleyes:

Never mind, Spring's coming :D

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE