Worth upgrading?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jon Mawer

Forager
May 2, 2006
Taunton, Somerset
At the moment I am riding a 2005 Marin Palisades Trail with magura julie discs, deore compset and manitou axel comp forks. I have seen the on-one inbred 456 frame and am thinking of purchasing it when I can get the money to spare, and transfering all the parts over. So, what are your opinions on this?

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Depends on how serious you are about mountain biking (i.e do you compete?) If you do then it is worth "keeping up with the jones's" and keeping your bike at the cutting edge.
If not it is an excellent setup so i would stay with what you own. I am riding a 2000 Marin Rift Zone and apart from regular servicing and one broken shifter has caused me no problems, it serves me well and i would personally gain nothing in performance from spending £2000+ on the latest model.

~my suggestion...write a list of pro's and con's for buying (or not) the upgrade, see how many you have on each side and ask yourself "can i justify the expense?"

Happy trails

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I still ride my raleigh grifter with cowhorns and a lollypop stick in the back spokes to make it sound like a motorbike...............Jon
bushcraftersfire9cc.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE