Wool coat/shirt/jacket advice..?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 8, 2014
Northumberland
I've looked on E Bay for the Swedish field jacket, wool miX one. They sag charcoal as colour, but look green in the pics. Those who have them, what do you say on colour and size, I'm a 46 inch in jackets.
What would you say, are they welll tight, should I go right up by say 4 sizes?

Kilbith

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2013
South West
il_570xN.279999265.jpg

Swedish Army field jacket (not me in the photo!).
Button-up, heavy wool, big pockets front, rear and inside.

Here, open with a hat, a blue jean and a scarf it is a nice jacket.

But closed with its upper pockets and epaulets it looks like "Wehrmacht feldgrau". Not always a good idea in front of old people in some place. It is better to have one without epaulets and upper pockets.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Here, open with a hat, a blue jean and a scarf it is a nice jacket.

But closed with its upper pockets and epaulets it looks like "Wehrmacht feldgrau". Not always a good idea in front of old people in some place. It is better to have one without epaulets and upper pockets.

Just looks like a wool M65 to me?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
We actually make our sleeves 2" longer than UK standard pattern blocks. This allows your cuffs to stay where they are when your arms move.
No way would our sleeves be considered midget-seque.
Roger

Do you make the body (torso) longer as well? That's also a concern for some of us that have relatively short legs with long torsos for our total hieght.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE