Wood Sorrel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
It looks like an oxalis of some kind. Can’t say it is wood sorrel.

There are garden varieties of oxalis

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
It looks like it to me, its got the trifoil leaves.

Wood Sorrel is 'edible', however it's loaded with oxalic acid, so go easy. Tis poisonous in large doses. A few leaves in a salad will add a lemony interest.

Look for 10 stamens if and when it flowers. The little white flowers have 5 petals and purplish lines in them.

I have a shed loads of this in my garden too.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
It is probably a cultivated variety, being in a garden. Wood sorrel is a true woodland species, and there are many garden varieties of oxalis around. Do you know what colour the flowers are..........
Pretty sure, by the photo, it is oxalis........................Jon

SoloBoy

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2005
Liverpool
Dont know what colour the flowers are,I've been in this house for 2 years now and it did'nt flower last year,I think anyway? Will be looking a lot more closer this year.Thanks guys :)
p.s can you explain what a stamen is? and does? stu? :confused:

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Sure: stamen are the pollen bearing male organs, that you see poking out of the middle of the flower. In oxalis of the kind you're looking for - if I remember correctly the stamen will be really pale green, with white(ish) little blobs on the ends.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE