Wood Sorrel I think.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ika a Whiro

Ika a Whiro you made some serious mistakes too.

What mistakes? I trusted a Brit. Thats it, he told us that the plants were safe, he gave it all the big one about your plants, so I trusted him, the only mistake I made was trusting a Brit.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
What mistakes? I trusted a Brit. Thats it, he told us that the plants were safe, he gave it all the big one about your plants, so I trusted him, the only mistake I made was trusting a Brit.

You trusted a complete stranger that you met in a pub to give you advice on the edibility of a plant you'd never come across before? As far as mistakes go that's quite a big one.
And as far as I can tell, you were lucky there. The information he gave you was right - Wood Sorrell is edible. I just don't think the guy expected you to add it in large quantities to every meal you ate over the following few days.
If someone told you that pistachio's/ oranges/ prunes/ tomato's were edible would you eat them?
Of course you would. But you wouldn't eat so many that they gave you stomach cramps and diarrhea - something that all of those foods can easily do.

And I can't believe you didn't tell the Doc about the wood sorrel or how much of it you'd eaten. You went to see the doctor with a stomach problem and didn't tell him that you'd been eating wild food recently? Even though you knew there was a very high probability of that being what caused it :rolleyes:

I'm glad you're feeling better after your ordeal and it didn't cause you any major problems, but please don't turn this into a whinge about the 'stupid bloody Brit' who fed you poisonous plants.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think all that has to be said about this particular topic has been said.

If nothing else the issues raised have made us all aware of how important it is to give all the information we can about any plant, and just how critical it is that each individual has to be personally responsible for checking carefully what he/she eats or uses.

The thread is locked.

Toddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE