wood pigeon/wood pigeon feathers wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Maybe a slightly strange request but I'm looking for the neck (cape) of a wood pigeon to use the feather for fly tying ( a bit of an experiment).

Is there anyone on here that could help me out with this.

Either in terms of the cape itself, or I would happily buy a couple of birds from someone for eating, if that seemed the most equitable way of doing a deal. Or open to other suggestions.

Probably useful if it was close to Wells in Somerset so I could collect, but again open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Graham,

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
You may well be able to buy some prepared birds from your local butcher.

Thanks, but I don't really see butchers with birds hanging up anymore. I suspect the majority buy them in ready dressed, if they sell pigeon at all. But I confess I haven't looked yet.

My farm shop sells frozen pigeon so I could try and track down who supplies them, but I thought that I would give it a shot on here first.

Graham

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I get them regularly.

Ill have some more within the next couple of weeks-PM me your addy and ill post some. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE