Winter wool fair Hexham

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
bit late notice but tomorrow 8th November from 10 -4, in Hexham there is said fair at

Trinity church hall
Beaumont street
Hexham
NE46 3LS

www.northpenninewools.org

leaflet says 'an event for farmers, spinners, felters, knitters, weavers and wearers of British wool'.

It may interest some people?

:christmas1: present op ? :naughty:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Now that would be an interesting jaunt :D

Bit far for me to travel for a day though :sigh:

If anyone goes along ? will you do a write up please ?

M

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Would've been a great day out had I not just moved but like Toddy it's a bit far for me. I know what you mean- photo-bucket likes to do what it wants for me too :D.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
well we went n had a look, maybe 20 or so stalls, alot of natural wools for sale from various breeds of sheep n alpaca, some of it dyed stuff, spinning wheels and paraphernalia, books on knitting/spinning n other technical terms I'm not up to speed on (not being a member of the WI, which the whole event reminded me of tbh!), felt shoes, hats, lamp shades, book covers, all sorts of knitted items (wristlets, earwarmers etc). A tudor ? reenactor working an old type of spinning wheel and some WI types using a modern 2footed job.

ttfn
m

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If the craftsfolks who went had fun, and the public turned out in reasonable numbers, it might well take off :D

Wee events like that can be a good day :)

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE