Winter Walk - Germany

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Well, on Xmas Day, we decided to go and have a walk before dinner. It was a tropical minus 5 degrees centigrade! It's been down to -10, and hasn't really been above -1 for about 2 weeks now.

6p666uh.jpg

Anyway, we'd not had any snow (see later) but everything looked white becuase of the heavy frosts. We were out near a small village called Steinalben and it was nice and quiet - we didn't see anyone else until we got back to the car.

6xfwklv.jpg

We were out for about an hour-and-a-half, and the dog had a great time.

85ucnlu.jpg

On Boxing Day, it snowed! Not too much (about a centimeter or two) but it's the first path clearing I've had to do this year. It's amazing how it changes the landscape completely but, alas, temperatures were up today and it's all pretty much melted away. We're looking forward to a good fall in Jan/Feb as 2007 was rubbish for snow! :cussing:

If we get plenty, I'll post some more images.

Mar 14, 2007
Plymouth
hi Mikey!

strange enuff! I am from Homburg/Saar, but now i live in Plymouth SW England, looking at your nice pictures caused a little bit of homesickness.

Gruss

Marco

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Great pics I loved Germany I spent a few years living in a place called Weisenhiem on the outskirts of a place called Bad Kreuznach in the Nahe valley it was beautiful all year round but particularly around christmas with all the markets and festivals

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
hi Mikey!

strange enuff! I am from Homburg/Saar, but now i live in Plymouth SW England, looking at your nice pictures caused a little bit of homesickness.

Gruss

Marco

We're just down the road from Homburg in a village/town about 4 miles from Landstuhl!

Yep, the Saar/Rheinland-Pfalz is a beautiful area and - unfortunately - we will be moving back to the UK sometime in 2008. What's really weird is that we're planning to settle in the Plymouth area!

I think what I like the most about the region is the forests and the rolling hills of the Pfalz. Oddly enough, it reminds me of parts of the Pennines.

Sorry for making you homesick :( but glad it brought back some good memories :D .

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Great pics I loved Germany I spent a few years living in a place called Weisenhiem on the outskirts of a place called Bad Kreuznach in the Nahe valley it was beautiful all year round but particularly around christmas with all the markets and festivals

Yeah, I know what you mean. We'll be sad to leave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE