Wildfowling or Waterfowling questions.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
This is something Ive been thinking of doing for a year or two, are there any members who shoot regularly?

Im particularly interested in just accompanying a shooter, and taking my retriever along, as I think he'd do quite a good job of picking up for you.
Greylag, etc on the estuary.
He's shown aptitude, as Ive had him out for quite a few gundog lessons, but hes not right for a grouse moor. Big chocolate boy, 40kg. Got some Drakeshead FTC in his line. Trained to the whistle. He should be good on the estuary and long pick ups though.

If anyone could give me any information, that would be handy, thanks. I dont really fancy going through tons of red tape at first and having to join a club. Just want to accompany a shooter, with my dog, and have him pick up for you.

PM me if you want. Im in Yorkshire but could travel, east or west.

Many Thanks, Dave.

Last edited:

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
My dad told me about free shoot at Saltfleet, on the east coast, below high tide mark. Unfortunately he has been dead for over 20 years.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
It might be worth getting in touch with the Humber Wildfowlers, I think they have shoots on both the North and South Banks. I'm not a shooter so have no idea of rules and regs. etc. but I am sure there will be a web site and contact addresses, if nothing else I am sure they will be able to give some pointers.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
It might be worth getting in touch with the Humber Wildfowlers, I think they have shoots on both the North and South Banks. I'm not a shooter so have no idea of rules and regs. etc. but I am sure there will be a web site and contact addresses, if nothing else I am sure they will be able to give some pointers.

Yeh, Ive heard of them. And I may end up doing that, thanks.

Preferably though, someone on here, as a member of a club, wouldnt mind me tagging along for the day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE