Wildest Dreams - next Wednesday BBC2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I saw some of one, some chick who bigged herself up and reckoned she could track great got out in the bush and was rubbish! She started booing about it and it wasn't fair, yadda yadda, pretty much put me off unfortunately. Why do they give this sort of person these great opportunities instead of to people who will make the most of it and try to do their best and learn from the experience?

I remember watching the Fat teens can't hunt series and was shocked at how some of the kids did nothing but whine at the once in a lifetime experience they were chosen to participate in! Losers! Only a few of them actually met the experience as it should have been and fully participated in everything. It's a sad reflection on todays' society that want comfort and everything doing for them.

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
It's a sad reflection on todays' society that want comfort and everything doing for them.

No, - it reflects the real object of these programmes. The BBC does not want to make a series about filming wildlife, just as in other series it did not want to make a series about trekking through the Andes, Africa etc.

These is banal reality-tv. The "competition" to become a wildlife director - or assistant to Alan Sugar or whatever - is irrelevant; the BBC just wants the drama, and so they choose candidates who will provide the drama.

It is reality tv - or soap - but one thing for is for sure - the stars won't be the animals, the plants or the landscape.

From the BBC blurb (see first post):
Judged by award-winning wildlife film-maker, James Honeyborne

I can well imagine that David Attenborough would have nothing to do with the series.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I saw 20 mins of this last night. Awful, awful and ...er... awful.

More lowest common denominator TV. Concentrated more on the 'who to send home' issues that actually showing much about wildlife.

Too much moaning and blubbing, not enough character and courage.

All it's missing is a phone vote. :rolleyes:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Extreme Dreams with Ben Fogel wound me up (Guyana series).

What utter bulls**t!
I've done survival training in the exact same location and they made it out to be so horrendous when it's not. It's a really awesome place to be.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE