Wild camping on Exmoor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Planning to go down and visit the outlaws down at Barnstaple in June and thought I might slip off for a couple days and a nights camp on Exmoor.

Are there any restrictions for wild camping or anything I ought to take into account? I'm not planning to have any campfires, just a small hobo stove so I can cook something up to drink and eat.

Also is there anyone in the area who might like to join me for a night out on the moor?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'm not sure, but how does your join date say Jan 1970?!

That is something I have yet to figure out Spamel.... especially as I only joined in March this year!!

I've had a look at my settings etc but can't see why it would say I joined 38 years ago when I would have been 8 :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Cool! I was still a twinkle in the eye!

My brother lives in Chivenor, he may be able to give some pointers to areas in and around the Barnstaple area too.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
off topic boring technobabble speak ...

Computers keep dates as the number of seconds since midnight of 1 Jan 1970 UTC, called a timestamp. Now for some reason your timestamp is 0, why I don't know :D

grimstead

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2008
wolverhampton
Cool! I was still a twinkle in the eye!

My brother lives in Chivenor, he may be able to give some pointers to areas in and around the Barnstaple area too.

hey if u go to barnstaple u must go to the chippy oppisite the barclays bank in the town mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm their r the number 1 chippy in the uk.
hope u have a good time

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It was left over form when we made some changes and the DB's didn't communicate the date but did share the login so that posts could be made, so it's kept the default age :D

Sorry to mess up all the conversation but i think i'll fix it :neo2:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
hey if u go to barnstaple u must go to the chippy oppisite the barclays bank in the town mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm their r the number 1 chippy in the uk.
hope u have a good time

I know the one you mean, down in Braunton. Is it called Squires? They do do fantastic fish and chips, anyone down that way could do a lot worse than drop in for a cheeky fish supper!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE