Wild camp beach spots in Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi folks, looking for some tips on a good spot for some wild camping near a beach and woodland on the west coast of Scotland. I live in Glasgow and would ideally look for somewhere with a good stand of trees for setting the tarp and at the same time be able to forage along the shore for some grub...I've looked into kilbride bay but there doesn't seem to be any good parking and I don't know how the locals would take it! Advice welcomed! Cheers, Dom

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Hiya, Depends how far you want to travel and how remote you want to be. As uncleboo says, Take yer pick. Personal favoutites are up around Oban, Fort William and on up to Ullapool and beyond. If you want a short trip anywhere past Faslane or on round to the ferry for Bute (the wee one), or Arrochar even, loads of mussels. If the mackrel are in you're in for a treat.
Another favourite of mine is just past Strontian where you can hire a boat and fish for all sorts. I have some collapsible lobster pots and I'm sure I know where to get squat lobster so that is in a future plan of mine lol.
Wherever you choose enjoy it.

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
About Oban At Ganavan, use to be good place for camping ect, but now a building site/houses as where the old pavilion area use to be, ruined it completely now. though can still go along the shoreline to find secluded spots. http://www.ganavansands.com/ though they decided to build apartments right in front of the houses on bottom of the development plan. Blocking the houses behind sea view :( (was a massive uproar about it)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE