Wild boar - Suffolk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alex Roddie

May 23, 2008
Norwich
Does anyone know if the small wild boar population in Suffolk is still in existance? I haven't seen one for over two years now and it would be a shame if they've died out. I first saw one about four years ago, a large adult male. Since then we have seen at least three different individuals, all in the Tunstall Forest area. I have also tracked some of them and seen evidence of heavyweight digging (not red deer diggings--there were pig droppings nearby). After a long pause of maybe six months, the last sighting was of a dead and decomposing boar piglet.

I suppose it's been possible they've been caught or shot ... I know they cull deer regularly in the area. But it would be a shame if they have been, because they weren't doing any harm that I could see and made a fascinating addition to the forest's wildlife.

Nicolas

Forager
Jun 2, 2008
Dublin
See it from the light side, at least there is no real problem is repopulating the area with wild bores if needed ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE