Wiggy's waders - The Chisel Report

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Ever been moochin or huntin in unfamiliar Woods or moors? Come accross a beck or river that's too wide to leap or no branches to vault wi ? Too deep to dash n splash ? Not enougj time or terrain wrong for wanderin up or dahn lookin for a crossin spot ? Maybe trackin an time is a factor ?

Well I know I have, an am sure alot of yor have? So what's the solution? Take yer boots an britches off? Gamble an go for it ? Well when I spotted one of our forum members floggin these packable waders, I thought mmmmm.

So I googled em an.read the reviews......mixed, but the main theme seemed to ne that they git the job done :thumbup: but have a short use life :thumbdown:

So what to do ? Well they were a decent price, an dry legs an gittin-r-dun when needed would justify the brass ?

Well, we were aht moochin at weekend an there happened to be a river ;) so it would have been rude not to :p.

026108df-7cf4-7e99.jpg

Now, I figured that half the alleged longivity issues were due to huntin boots damagin the coatin ? An stitching? ......so I figured a couple of carrier bags could help.
026108df-7e7b-327aT.jpg

026108df-7e31-c499.jpg

Add the wiggys...
026108df-7ebb-ec83.jpg

Nowt wrong wi.havin some pride ....
026108df-7f46-15c2.jpg

Sole detail....
026108df-7fb0-b11f.jpg

They fasten to your belt or belt loop by an adjustable friction / clip lock . Then a draw cord at top to cinch them snug....
026108df-8145-77b9.jpg

An ready for the off ....
026108df-817d-b282.jpg

So here we go....lets see if we can git-r-dun...
My video effort

Does this help?:
[video=youtube_share;AWK4jH_F6kc]http://youtu.be/AWK4jH_F6kc[/video]

An there yer go.....dry legs an no damage :thumbup:
026108df-8296-68cd.jpg

Good 'elth

sent using my sausage thumb

Last edited:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Can't seem to link. My video . Perhaps a mod can insert it for me please? Taken me over an hour to post this for all. Cheers. Ps I don't have a pc.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I thought I was watching Deliverance then for a second then, even the spitting action looked authentic :)

Been chawing bacco since a wer thirt-een , not hard to look authentic when its what yer are lol. I wouldn't look at my first couple o videos on there then lol, cheers for lookin :thumbup:
b2603293-247c-47d2.jpg

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Could be another video review coming up , with a homemade version this weekend???

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
good review Chis, bit of a wobble half way back across...:rolleyes::lmao::dancer:

the bottom looks very fragile, maybe some truck inner tube glued to the bottom would help prevent punctures from rocks etc etc....

just a thought mate...:)

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
The bottoms arnt as fragile as they look, may incorparate some jaffa tape after a few uses though ?
Cheers for lookin :thumbup:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE