Why me???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Have you ever had one of those days when the world just conspires against you.

Firstly i spent 3 hours typing new content to add to my website only for the data on to open after my pc froze. i thought i know i shall go to the woods and listen to the wind.

Disaster strikes i am happily driving my Delica when i hear a pop and suddenly no power or steeringi magage to get the car to the side of the road before the mad woman behind hits me. A quick phone call to a mate to come out with his tools for a road side repair. we push the car off the road fully and discover no fuel is being pumped. oh a new fuel pump thats not too bad as things go. Oh no the gods have more in store. we can on checking at discover the cam belt has snapped. there was almost no wear on the belt.

so after taking off the cover i discover 6 rockers are smashed. i will not know the full extent of the damage till after christmas.

Not a happy bunny here.

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
It's been a lousy week for a lot of people I know ...... including me

I've had a lot of good times during this year so I think I'm just getting the rest of my quota of the sh....... not so good

I feel for you, my friend

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
I lose long emails on hotmail all of the time, but I still forget to copy before I send them. I think it pays to try to be sanguine about the bits that are just bad luck, like the car falling apart. When it's a combination of bad luck and your own mistake, like not setting up your pc or saving your work properly, you'll feel better if you remind yourself of your own part in making yourself feel crap. It makes you avoid problems if you prioritise what you did to make them happen.

Going out into the forest and listening to the wind is a good idea. :) If it's windy, noone can hear you screaming. :banghead:

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
2blackcat said:
It's been a lousy week for a lot of people I know ...... including me

I've had a lot of good times during this year so I think I'm just getting the rest of my quota of the sh....... not so good

I feel for you, my friend
The same with me... never mind, it's Christmas in two days, have a good one everybody :)

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
I feel for you buddy. At least you've got a Toyota though - they really do make cars easy to fix and there are loads of little workshops around that are used to tinkering with Celica engines. You might find you can get some good s/h con rods or whatever else is knackered as lots of folk will have replaced them with fancy sporty parts.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Celica...ryZ10428QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

quick search on ebay found this. Does it help?

At least you're getting the bad luck out before the New Year. Perhaps you should consider wassailing this christmas?

Keep on keepin' on.

Neil

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I think it was Abe Lincoln who once said 'and this, too, shall pass away.' There's always the good and the bad. You just have to weather the storm and not let it bury you so you can enjoy the good times ahead. In the meantime, you still have BCUK. :) Unless your computer crashes... :(

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Thanks for the kind words chaps.

Feeling somewhat more positive today. I was most worried about how i was going to organsie the Sussex meet with no car. That shouldn't be too much of a problem now.

The car should cost around £550 to fix.

Could be worse.

Hope everyone has a great christmas and better fortune in 2006.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Sorry , to hear of your day mate.
I know you have experience with landys , but as for the misubushi Delica , remember that the 2.5TD engine is the same as in the shogun and the L200 van .It may work out cheaper to get an engine or parts fromthe above .
As for your website worrys , i am affraid that i couldn't help there , i decided a while ago that computers have a mind of their own and generally do what they want to do anyway (however inconvieniant!) .
Any way , have a good xmas .
Will see you at the meet
Pumbaa

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Wayne............I have just had to replace both heads on my mitsubishi shogun. I kept hold of the old heads. If the rockers are the same as yours, you are welcome to them and the valves if you need them, if they are compatible.......Jon

nameless

Forager
Jan 1, 2004
at home
"**** happens" eh? suppose all we gotta do in life, is when we fall down, we pick ourselves up and get going again or when we fall really hard, its handy when somebody picks you up :grouphug: sorry to hear about the day but could be worse imagine one of B enidict Allens bad days...................:togo:

monkey_pork

Forager
May 19, 2005
Devonshire
Within the last 15 minutes I've broken the inside cuspal off my upper right 1st bicuspid (that's the tooth next to your 'canine'). This now means a trip to the denist, which will involve another crown being installed, as with the front cuspal on that tooth being long gone, it's more repair than tooth. I think a crown is about ~£400.00 now too.

What's even more handy about this, is that the dentist is now closed until the end of next week of course ... and whilst I actually quite like my dentist as a bloke, I loathe the dentist, if you see what I mean.

Completely off topic of course, but I say this as a way of showing empathy really, rather than anything else ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE