Why Hunt?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
A very intersting article and one that seems to address alot of the reasoning behind 'responsible' hunting.

It doesn't address those hunters who kill indiscriminatly and/or don't hunt for the food. It would be interesting to hear the author's view of that type of 'hunting'

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
A fine article, but I would have to agree with Marts it does not address those people ( I won't call them hunters) who take pleasure in the suffering of animals.

I would like to think that I have repected the animal that I have hunted or fished, however I have seen on too many occasions so called hunters and fishermen give little regard to their prey,
The big shoots where 300 to 600 birds are shot, Iv'e seen the keeper shake his head in disbelief at how some of the guns treat the shot birds, why most won't even accept a brace at the end of the day.
not so long ago while out boat fishing a workmate ripped the guts out of a dogfish just to save a hook, I'll never fish with him again.
these are not isolated incidents and when you go out hunting and fishing open your eyes a bit and you will see i'm not wrong.

I'm afriad here in the UK the anti's are on to a winner and those who hunt with little respect for life will hand our hunting heritage to them on a plate.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
There are always slobs wherever and whatever you do and see but you can't blame the righteous man/woman for those actions. You educate those in need when you can, be mindfull some may never learn no matter what. CG :yo:

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
Marts said:
A very intersting article and one that seems to address alot of the reasoning behind 'responsible' hunting.

It doesn't address those hunters who kill indiscriminatly and/or don't hunt for the food. It would be interesting to hear the author's view of that type of 'hunting'

They aren't hunters - simple as that - same as poachers wiping out rhinos, elephants, tigers etc aren't hunters, they're poachers. Face it, some people are scum and shouldn't be grouped in with the mainstream population, sportsmen go to extreme lengths not to categorise football hooligans as football fans and at no point do pressure groups suggest that the solution is to ban football, hunting is no different but so many people want to ban it because of the actions of a minority - I think it's an excuse that some anti-hunters latch onto to stop a pastime which they see as barbaric, how would ramblers feel if someone suggested that all public rights of way be closed and the right to roam revoked because a minority leave gates open allowing stock to escape from fields? It does seem odd that if someone posts about a hunt for deer, moose, bear etc it's met with negative responses but show a thread on catching and prepping a fish and bushcrafters don't bat an eye.

Kane

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE