Who would you nominate?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Sorry if I am breaking a myth.
Prejudicical? No, not at all, I just want to get rid of the myths.
And honor the real ground breakers.
So, why is not G. Welchman as famous then? Or the Polish mathematican Rejevski ? He is considered by the Polish to be THE Enigma cide breaker. Which he is! Him and the other Polish mathematicians and cryptographers!

The British Bombe was not the first, by far!!!

My point is that who we thing is important is influenced by media, authors, and so on.
In 100 years time the Americans will put the Kardadashians on their money.

You and I should choose a person that influence the future of Britain and the World.
I am a citizen of UK too, for what it is worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy-o

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Charlie George hasn't got a Nobel Prize :(

Henry Kissinger and Aung Sung Suu Kyi and a few other objectionables got them though though. They do seem to be more consistently accurate shots when it comes to the literature prize. Got to give them that. Politics isn't their strong suit, I suppose. Perhaps there should be a Nobel Prize for Mendacity.

Gove! Then we could have Gove on the money. Next to the Queen. He'd like that.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Now we are venturing off topic, but some of the prizes have been awarded purely on a political whim.
For fun, I buy and read at least two publications of the winning person in Literature, if it is awarded to a writer.
Most if the time, I struggle to read those books. I would say about 50% of those are readable. Since the beginning.
The last one I truly enjoyed was William Golding. Nadine Gordimer was readsble too.
Since then? Political pseudo intellectual bs.
But then I am of a simple mind, wanting a beautiful read without the need of taking mind altering drugs, self flagellation or mental masturbation.

I ask for your forgiveness for the antics of the Swedish Academy. I feel shame.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE