Who uses Tyvek (or a copy) as a groundsheet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I use Tyvek a lot its light and strong. I have never had a problem when using it under tarp ground dwelling, as a standing sheet for under hammock and in entry area of tents.
I found a roll of the stuff
My only gripe is that its blue; green or black would match my other soft furnishings so much better!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Does it have a brand name or anything like that or is it sold simply as polycryo sheets?

Wickes changed thre name of it a while back from Secondary Glazing Film to to 'Seasonal glazing Film'

But it's the same stuff, and has the same product code

Product Code: 210014

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
My only gripe is that its blue; green or black would match my other soft furnishings so much better!

I've used breathable membranes for timber framed houses in red, black, blue and even heat reflective silver so far so the colours are out there. Some even come in 3 metre wide rolls so there's less joints.

Sorry but I can't remember manufacturers names for those colours.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Widu I've got some membrane you can have, It's like Tyvek but plasticised on one side. I've been using it all Summer after some was left over on a job and it works a treat and packs down small (can't remember what make it is). Your welcome to a length of it if you can get up this way or I'll bring it to a meet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE