Whittling books

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Hi All,
I want to buy some books on whittling, can anyone surgest a couple of tittles for a begginer please, and maybe the best place to purchase from. I have had a look on amazon but unsure of what to get,
Thanks for all your help
Bill

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Better results can be gotten from sticks but if you're really intent on whittling books i'd pick something really boring like a government report or something :D

yes i know i'm not helping but i'm in one of those moods, plus i fancy seeing what people recommend as i wouldn't mind giving it a bit of a go myself, so far my skills extend to spoons, spatulas and...small spoons.
;)

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Little book of whittling is an excellent and cheap little book for "whittling" as in peeling bark off sticks and carving little whimsy's out of them. Also recommended for kids. Uses a SAK.

If you are actually wanting to do more serious or useful woodcarving, spoons spatulas pot hooks and the like using a proper wood carving knife then it gets more difficult. Wille Sundqvists carving swedish woodware was a good book when available at a sensible price but I fear has been recommended too often and is silly money second hand, still get it through the library though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE